Available Positions: 2020 St. Louis Mardi Gras Media Relations Intern
StandPoint Public Affairs seeks a Media Relations Intern, who is full of creative ideas and eager to contribute meaningfully to our work. The intern will gain visibility into the inner workings and aspects of the media relations field, provide concrete deliverables and learn the media outreach process from pitch to clip.
The intern will focus their efforts mainly, but not exclusively, on the 2019 St. Louis Mardi Gras festival, and have the opportunity to engage with every media outlet in the city of St. Louis, several regional entities, and national media. (www.stlmardigras.org)
Upon completion of this internship, you will have valuable skills and writing samples to prepare you for work in public relations, media, and communications.
This internship is paid, commensurate with qualifications.
· Assist in the development and execution of Mardi Gras 2019 media strategy
· Engage with area media personalities and outlets to gain coverage of the Mardi Gras season, including more than a
dozen events, charitable initiatives, and traditional
· Create and curate engaging content
· Communicate with and build relationships with current or prospective media partners
· Create and distribute press releases
· Coordinate visuals, participants, and set-up for media hits and events
· Build and update media lists and databases
· Schedule, coordinate and attend various events and press briefings
· Research and compile press clippings
· Perform research and market analysis activities
· Availability December 15, 2019-March 15, 2020
· Available to work 15-20 hours/week
· Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Efficiency at MS Office
· Passion for media and communications industry and its best practices
· Availability December 1, 2019-March 30, 2020
· Students majoring in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Journalism
· Experience with journalism, media communications, or public relations
· Submit resume and recent writing sample of no more than 5 pages by November 25, 2019.
· An in-person interview will be scheduled with position finalists.